Catskill Mountainkeeper's RenewableNY program is transforming New York’s energy landscape by promoting safe, clean, sustainable energy and demonstrating how renewables and efficiency can power our state toward a healthy, prosperous future.
- Educates New Yorkers about renewable energy technologies like solar, wind and geothermal that provide clean and safe alternatives to dirty, dangerous and climate-altering fossil fuels;
- Connects people, businesses, schools and municipalities with renewable energy options and energy conservation solutions they can implement today;
- Promotes policies that support and grow renewable energy as the path to a green energy future;
- Partners with other non-profits, state agencies, elected officials, business leaders and community advocates on local and statewide projects; and
- Inspires and engages people to create green jobs and support sustainable economic development in New York State through homegrown renewable energy.
Solar Outreach Initiative
In 2015, Catskill Mountainkeeper partnered with Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition, Sustainable Hudson Valley and Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County to launch the Solar Outreach Initiative – a community-based program to help residents, business owners, and municipal leaders overcome the financial and logistical challenges of installing solar power. We are now running Solarize campaigns in many counties in the Mid-Hudson and Southern Tier regions. Click here to find one near you.
The Solar Outreach Initiative is supported by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) NY-Sun and Community Solar initiatives, which are investing $1 billion in solar over the next decade.