Join the Team at RenewableNY
RenewableNY is looking for a Program Associate to serve as a critical organizing and administrative linchpin in our work to help New York's transition to a clean energy future. The Program Associate will report directly to the RenewableNY Program Director, who works from Albany, NY. The ideal candidate will be based in Albany or Livingston Manor, NY (Mountainkeeper’s headquarters). Candidates in Binghamton or Kingston also considered.
RenewableNY Program Associate
Catskill Mountainkeeper, a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization and leading advocate for clean, renewable energy is seeking a Program Associate to help our RenewableNY program team transform New York’s energy landscape by promoting safe, clean, sustainable energy and demonstrating how renewables and efficiency can power our state toward a healthy and prosperous future.
Through January 31, 2018 Mountainkeeper’s RenewableNY team is focused on implementing a game-changing $2 million Solar Outreach Initiative comprised of on-the-ground Solarize campaigns across three regions in 15 NY counties, workforce development efforts to train and employ a new green energy workforce, and a program that will provide 90 internships to undergrads and recent grads throughout the 15-county area.
Mountainkeeper’s primary role in this effort is to collaborate with and manage three strong local partner organizations (Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition, Sustainable Hudson Valley, and Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County) provide substantial administrative and technical support for the campaigns, and make sure we achieve our ambitious goals—6MW of solar energy installed by 1/31/18, 90 internships completed, workforce trainings designed and completed, and more.
We are seeking a Program Associate to serve as a critical organizing and administrative linchpin in this work, reporting directly to the RenewableNY Program Director, who works from Albany, NY. The ideal candidate will be based in Albany or Livingston Manor, NY (Mountainkeeper’s headquarters). Candidates in Binghamton or Kingston would also be considered.
• Serve as a critical organizing and connecting bridge between the three campaign partner organizations and Mountainkeeper as project manager;
• Provide leadership for the Solarize Sullivan campaign;
• Assist with administrative support and reporting to our funders;
• Provide technical and organizing help throughout the 15 counties within the campaign;
• Staff solarize community outreach events throughout the 15 counties within the campaign;
• Develop material for Solarize handouts, presentation slides and website copy;
• Provide technical expertise and research assistance to the campaigns; and
• Assist in all other aspects of this program, as needed.
A great candidate will have/be:
• 3 years of organizing and community outreach experience;
• Spokesperson and communications experience;
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
• Facility with spreadsheets and data management, especially Excel;
• A great writer who can develop material for Solarize handouts, presentation slides and website copy;
• The ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• A collegial team player able to work effectively with diverse partners, communities, and individuals signing up for the solarize campaigns;
• Self-directed with the ability to prioritize, manage and follow through on multiple tasks;
• Energetic, with a positive “can do” attitude and sense of humor; and
• Willing to travel within the 15 New York counties covered by the campaign, and to work occasional nights and weekends to staff events.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Familiar with Solarize campaigns;
• A working knowledge of renewable energy policy; and/or
• Worked within the solar industry.
This is a grant-funded position through January 31, 2018. To apply, please email Katherine@catskillmountainkeeper.org with your resume, a cover letter, a writing sample, three references, and salary requirements by April 22, 2016.
Established in 2006, Catskill Mountainkeeper is the strongest advocate for the Catskill region. Working with a network of concerned citizens and strategic partners, Mountainkeeper's programs protect and promote our region's extraordinary natural heritage, while promoting smart development that supports local communities and grows our economy in a sustainable way.
Mountainkeeper is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment. We welcome applicants of all races, colors, religions, national origins, genders, marital status, sexual orientations, ages, disabilities, veteran status, or any other characteristic, including those protected by federal, state, or local law.Visit www.catskillmountainkeeper.org to learn more.
Join the Team at RenewableNY